Severna Park, MD, April 7, 2004--DomesticPreparedness.com and HomelandDefenseStocks.com co-produced a one day, action packed conference that was held March 30, 2004 at the National Press Club, Washington, DC. Attendance was approximately 100, with representation from stock analysts, investment bankers and journalists.
Streaming audio of the conference is now online.
Twelve executives presented how their respective companies have been impacted by Homeland Security and Domestic Preparedness. They included:
- TASER International, Inc. (NasdaqSC: TASR)
- Roaming Messenger (OTC BB: RMSG.OB)
- Cenuco, Inc. (OTC BB: CNUO.OB)
- Spectrum Sciences & Software Holdings Corp. (OTC BB: SPSC.OB)
- MDM Group, Inc. (Other OTC: MDDM.PK)
- I-Sector (AMEX:ISR)
- Diversified Corporate Resources, Inc. (AMEX:HIR)
- Bulldog Technologies (OTC:BLLD)
- HiEnergy (OTCBB: HIET)
- Guardian Technologies (OTC BB: GDTI.OB)
- Markland Technologies, Inc. (OTC BB:MRKL.OB)
- Aethlon Medical (OTC BB: AEMD.OB)
Guest speakers were:
- Roger Cressey, Good Harbor Consulting, LLC. (Opening speaker)
- Dan Inbar, Chairman and CTO of Homeland Security Research Corporation
- Jack Mallon, Senior Managing Director, Mallon Associates, a division of C.E. Unterberg, Towbin (CEUT)
- Colonel (Ret.) Alexander is recognized and acknowledged as the world's leading authority on non-lethal weapons and is credited with developing the modern concept of non-lethal defense.
Key points addressed by the speakers include the following highlights:
- There is no silver bullet solution to solve homeland security concerns; rather fused or integrated technology solutions are required.
- It is anticipated that 90% of new technologies will come from small flourishing companies.
- Larger defense companies are creating new homeland security divisions to participate in the sector.
- It is anticipated that mergers and acquisitions will increase.
- Jack Mallon's Security Index out-performed all major market indexes in 2003, with TASER International (TASR) leading the pack. The Index was up 56% over the year.
- The homeland security industry is the fastest-growing industry in our lifetime.
- Bioterrorism detection and vaccines are primary concerns to be addressed moving forward.
For more information contact:
Martin D. (Marty) Masiuk IMR Group (410)987-2075