This is scheduled for September 2-6
Personnel to be trained should be involved in SNS planning and coordination at the federal /state / regional / local level. Personnel assigned to the following positions would best benefit from this course. State / Project area BT Coordinator State / Project Area SNS Coordinator, Regional Emergency Response Planner / Coordinator, Cities Readiness Initiative (CRI) Coordinator, State / Project Area RSS Warehouse Manager, State / Project Area Security Coordinator, State / Project Area / CRI Distribution Planner, State / Project Area / CRI Public Information / Communications Coordinator, State / Project Area / Regional / CRI Pharmacist, Regional / Local / CRI Planner who plans and coordinates Mass Dispensing activities, and Federal Personnel who would augment or support State / Regional / Local authorities in Distribution and Dispensing activities.
The Strategic National Stockpile Preparedness Course is a 3 day course designed to give federal, state, and local officials information on how to best plan and prepare for a public health emergency and how to use and manage the Strategic National Stockpile in response to a terrorist attack, natural disaster, or technological accident.
Below are some, but not all, of the critical skill sets learned during this training program:
- The DSNS Program, the levels of support provided by the DSNS, and the response concepts of the DSNS.
- Planning considerations and operational requirements for receiving, distributing and dispensing of DSNS material.
- Threat agents and those antibiotics and vaccines in the DSNS Formulary that are either FDA approved or used under an investigational new drug (IND) for those agents
- Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), its intent, how it is obtained, its use and limitations.
- Major considerations for designing a system to quickly dispense prophylactic medications to the public to protect it from a biological attack
- The responsibilities and tasks associated with opening, running, and closing the Points of Dispensing (POD)
Course Length: 3.0 days
To learn more visit, https://cdp.dhs.gov/training/program/ae/#sns
To register for this visit, https://cdp.dhs.gov/register/registration-process/